Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I want to wire a 240v pump motor with a float switch and a

Customer Question
I want to wire a...
I want to wire a 240v pump motor with a float switch and a 240v dpdt ice cube relay but i'm not sure of the correct wiring.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
7/18/2009
Electrician: Glenn, Electrical Technician replied 8 years ago
Glenn
Glenn, Electrical Technician

Hello

Do you have the relay ??

Hi Glenn, yes I do have the relay Its a DPDT 230v coil ice cube type with a 8pin base
Glenn, just to maybe save some time, the pump only draws approx. 6.5 amps @ 230 and the relay is good for 10a. @ 230v. If yoy could list a wiring diagram with a written walk thru that'd be great
Hi sorry for the delay I just got in
Can you tell me what contacts are n/o and which ones go the coil ?
Is the float swiitch 220 ?
Glenn, the relay is a ALLEN BRADLEY #700-HA32A2 10A 240VAC, the socket base is a # XXXXX THE FLOAT SWITCH IS A LITTLE GIANT model # XXXXX 2 Wire rated 115-240v switch.
Hello

Sorry for the delay i tried looking up your relay and had no luck
Does it have a diagram on it ?
If you go to "Allen Bradley Control Relay01" page 6 it shows the wiring diagram.
How did you get there ?
I went to " allen bradley relays 700-ha32a2 wiring diagrams" third one down listed "Allwn Bradley Control Relay01"
Hello

Under google ?
Is your float switch 4 wires ?
Yes, under google, float switch is two wire 120-240v
I would read the circurity to you from the relay but even with my glasses it's too small. did I say it's a 8 pin ice cube relay with a plug in base 4 terminals top and bottom
Hello

Ok I got it is your base 8 pin ?
Yes
Ok here goes power coming in one leg will go to pin a1 the other leg will go to the float switch
Out of the float switch it will go to pin a2
power in will also go pin 11 and 21
Your motor will go to pin 14 and 24
Make sure all grounds are connected and the breaker feeding this is a gfci
Glenn
Glenn, Electrical Technician
Glenn, can you still confirm after I have accepted?
Hello

Yes and thanks for the bonus
I'm confused did you get my last reply, regarding base numbering with pin numbering?
I'm sorry no I didn't
The last one I got was conirm that i accepted
can I still list my numbering with matching pin numbers?
Yes you can why it dosen't match ?
I think so, anyway what I said was, with 4 terminal on the top and 4 on the bottom, Is top left terminal # XXXXX and top right #21, bottom left #14 and bottom right #24 and do I jumper between
11 and 21 are next to a1 nd a2
Thanks again for all your help !!!!!
Your welcome
Glenn
Glenn
Glenn, Electrical Technician