Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I want to install an electrical outlet outside. I plan to

Customer Question
I want to install an...
I want to install an electrical outlet outside. I plan to connect it through the outside wall to a corresponding inside outlet. I will use a GCFI outside. QUESTION: how close to an outside faucet can I be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
3/4/2009
Electrician: Inactive, Master Electrician replied 8 years ago
Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Joseph - Your personal online "Electrical Consultant"

There is not any requirements stating you cant be within a certain distance of a faucet, rather that within a certain distance you have to be gfci protected. So when placing this I would use common sense. What I mean by this is that I would not put it under the faucet etc... lol

• If you need further clarification on anything I posted, Please dont hesitate to ask!
  • 100% Customer Satisfaction is my Goal!!
Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician

Joe, I hope I did this right. I accepted your answer, but I did not leave a "deposit" because I had no idea what that was. I did give my credit card number & all that so I hope you got paid.

Your answer helped a lot. It also explained why my brother-in-law has a GCFI outlet right next to his outdoor faucet. Since the indoor outlet I will tap into is just above my outdoor faucet, I think I'll use an outdoor conduit to move ,my waterproof outlet box & GCFI outlet about two feet away from the faucet.

Customer/p>

Everything is fine payment wise. As for the answer glad to have helped. If you need anything further, please be sure to let me know. Good Luck!!

Inactive
Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician