Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

my 3-wire cable coming thru floor ,both wires are black but

Customer Question
one has a red stripe...
my 3-wire cable coming thru floor ,both wires are black but one has a red stripe. does the red striped wire go to the red wire on terminal block on back of the stove?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2009
Electrician: Inactive, Master Electrician replied 8 years ago
Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Joseph - Your personal online "Electrical Consultant"

First - how many wires do you have? How many amps is the stove?

• If you need further clarification on anything I posted, please dont hesitate to ask
  • 100% customer satisfaction is my goal
1 main cable with two black wires and one ground,the one black wire has a red stripe the stove i believe is 250 amps

Ok are you hard wiring this to the stove or are you installing a receptacle for the appliance?

• 100% customer satisfaction is my goal
hard wiring there is no receptacle

Ok - the black lead will terminate to the far left post. The ground to the middle post, then your black with red stripe will go to the far right post.

• 100% customer satisfaction is my goal
Inactive
Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician