Common electrical questions resolved on JustAnswer
The Electrical Experts at JustAnswer have handled thousands of diverse questions and problems, making safety a number one priority for everyone who depends on a home’s electrical system. These questions include:
- I fixed a short circuit in the fuse box, but now the restored power has lost its voltage and can’t even power a light bulb.
- What size subpanel should I use for 100 amp service to three or four 20-amp, 125-watt outlets?
- I aligned the dipswitches on both a fan and a new remote, but even though the light works, the fan won’t shut off. What’s going on?
- How many 275-watt appliances can be connected to a power strip on an electrical circuit with a 20-amp breaker?
- If the existing circuit wattage on a 15-amp circuit is near the 80% maximum, can additional lights be added by using CFLs to reduce the total circuit wattage, or will this be a code violation?
Before communicating with an Electrical Expert, be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are the symptoms of the problem?
- How long has this been going on?
- What have you already tried?
- Will you be doing the work yourself?
With this information, the Expert can answer your question efficiently and accurately.