Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I tore the front headlight off my 2001 ez go electric golf…

Customer Question
I tore the front...

I tore the front headlight off my 2001 ez go electric golf cart. Will that mess up the wiring circuit CAUSING IT NOT TO RUN?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your headlights? Do they flicker at all?

NO THE LIGHT WERE NOT WORKING SO I JUST RIPPED THEM OUT. SOON AFTER THAT IT WOULD GO FORWARD IN REVERSE AND THEN IT JUST STOPPED. iM JUST WONDERING IF THE LIGHTS ARE PART OF A CONTIONOUS CIRCUT AND ONCE BROKEN THE POWER IS LOST?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2001 Golf?

NOT SURE IT WASNT DRIVEN A LOT, but the proplem started with the headlight being ripped out. Now i just have 2 open wires in front not connected to anything

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
2/26/2022
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: BrianB3250,
 replied 9 months ago
BrianB3250
Hi im Brian with just answer. Im a 25 year master automotive technician. Im very sorry to hear that you are having some concerns with your vehicle today. I will be helping you try to get these concerns resolved. You will be recieving an option for a phone call if you would like this option please let me know, if not text is perfectly fine. Can i ask who i have the pleasure of speaking with today?
ronnymy question is I tore the headlight out of my golf cart and there are 2 wires not connected to anything now can the break the wiring loop and cause electrical problemsONCE I TORE THE HEADLIGHTS OUT IT WOULD DRIVE FORWARD IN REVERSE MODE AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN KICK INTO REVERSE. I WAS JUST THINKING MAYBE THE WIRES HAVE TO BE CONNECTED TO COMPLETE THE LOOPRonny....am I talking to you here or on the computer
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: BrianB3250,
 replied 9 months ago

Hello Ronny.   Looking over your question I see you had an electrical concern with the golf cart.  The headlights are part of the body wiring not related in any way to the operating or movement of the machine.

WELL I WAS HOPING IT WOULD BE SOMETHING EASY BUT IT LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO BUY A NEW ONE . I HAVE IT AT A REPAIR FACILITY AND THEY ARE UNSURE. They sent the ecm off to be rebuilt but that did not fix the problem and they think it might be the motor but im pretty sure the motor is good
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: BrianB3250,
 replied 9 months ago
it’s possible it has electrical concern but not from the headlight
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: BrianB3250,
 replied 9 months ago
Thank you for using just answer. Hopefully i was helpful today with answering all of your questions. If there is ever anything i can assist you with please fell free to ask. Thank you have a wonderful rest of your day. Brian.