Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have an ezgo utility cart serial # 2366001 that runs but…

I have an ezgo...

I have an ezgo utility cart serial #(###) ###-####that runs but has now power. I was wondering if I need to drain the gas and replace the gas filter. I bought this from my sister who did nothing with it for several years.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you planning on replacing filter yourself? Do you need help finding the exact parts?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your electric car?

I believe it is a 2001 but don't know the model. It has a dump box on the back>

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Electric Vehicle Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

This is a gas model. It runs but has no power going up an incline and does not go any faster than I can walk.

Answered in 1 day by:
9/4/2021
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

2001 would be the two-cylinder engine? New spark plugs, new fuel filter, an air filter,  and new fuel could certainly help. as well as changing the oil.   Can make a big difference.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. Is there a dealer in the Fargo-Moorhead area? Zip 56560

The engine may not be starting, and you are just moving with the starter! Just look for a local golf cart dealer, or a golf club, that may do repairs.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the information. I will replace the parts and see what happens. Rate 5

Thanks!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other