Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a recent (1-2 years old) 2-person EZ-GO electric golf…

Customer Question
I have a recent...

I have a recent (1-2 years old) 2-person EZ-GO electric golf cart that won't go. Solenoid seems OK when turning from OFF to Reverse (double-click heard), but accelerator doesn't cause any movement. Turned the toggle switch from the "Run-Storage" position to the "Tow" position to unlock the brakes, but wheels remain locked in all key positions (Reverse, Neutral and Forward). Batteries have been fully watered and charged. The fuse in the cable connector just forward of the "Run-Storage/Tow" switch is good. Any ideas? - Thanks! -Howard (Winlock, WA,(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

No. No.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Golf?

Dealer said had been used only a year or two at a golf course before they bought it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Golf yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not set up to service it myself. See original chat for what I've tried so far.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/13/2020
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Model number? RXV? 48-volt unit. Do you have a voltmeter to test the battery pack voltage and each battery? Does the charger show to come on when attached to the cart?