Keiphun Sowell
Keiphun Sowell,
Experience:  Maintenance at Ati Specialty Materials
105664594

Ergo txt is going into slowpoke mode, slightly vibrating,

Customer Question

Ergo txt is going into slowpoke mode, slightly vibrating, going forward and backward. I just filled the batteries with distilled water. They were low but not dry. Had to push to get back to garage while son pressed the go pedal. Moved smoother on flat surface but only about 10% normal power it seems.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: I don’t have one available. The cart has not been used since before New Years.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: i think around 2010. I purchased used.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i haven’t done anything except filled with water and put back on charger. Thought I would put the question out there to see if there was anything else I should be doing like to taking to be serviced.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. Thank you.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ezgo TXT Golf Cart
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This question needs to go to a golf cart expert.
Expert:  Keiphun Sowell replied 6 days ago.

Hello, My name is Keith and i will be assisting you today.

Sorry to here about your issues. But i will try my best to successful help you resolve them.

I apologize in advance if i ask a swarm of question's. It's all so i can better understand your issue.

Reviewing your information and will respond asap. Thanks

Okay, The first thing i would do if you haven't already is place the cart under charge for about 4 hours. See if anything changes. It it doesn't change then i would disconnect each battery, check their voltage and load test them. If they all fail i would first verify that the battery charger is charging the batteries. If it's working properly then unfortunately the batteries need to be replaced.

Let me know if you need any thing else or have another concern about your Cart. Thanks for allowing me to assist you. Thanks for using JA.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you. I did put the batteries back on charge after I made sure there was plenty of water in them. I have not checked them since but will this afternoon. thank you for your reply.
No problem, glad I could assist you. Thanks for using JA.
Expert:  Keiphun Sowell replied 3 days ago.

Hello, Just checking back in to insure you no longer needed assistance. If you don't please rate me so i can close this conversation. Thanks again for using JA