Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Headlights and turnsignals do not function. Where are the…

Customer Question
Headlights and turnsignals do...

Headlights and turnsignals do not function

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Where are the fuses located?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Give me a minute to check

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

The problem started when charging light kept flashing after charging the batteries. I disconnect wires from batteries to reset the charging meter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The golf cart works fine except for the auxillaries. I cannot operate the release for the hood storage compartment.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Golf?

1998 Western Elegante II

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
12/28/2019
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hello, my name is***** have been with Just Answer since 2009 and have been working on vehicles since 1992. I will be happy to assist with all of your questions. I am usually online until late evening each day, if we happen to miss each other, I will follow up as quickly as I can, in some cases this may be first thing in the morning depending on the time you respond. I am more than happy to listen to any of your questions or concerns.

Have you made sure to reconnect any connections you disconnected from the batteries or anything else?

Have you checked to make sure that all fuses are good in all fuse panels?

Let me know so we can continue.

Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete. I checked all the connections. I disconnected and cleaned the connections. I reconnected them and assured that they were tight. The problem persists. I am thinking that it may be a blown fuse, but I could not locate any fuses. The fuse may be in the storage compartment in the front of the golf cart, but I could not release the hood to this compartment because there is no power to the electrical release. I am stymied. I need your help.

Hello. Thank you for your reply and that information.

Since this is a golf cart, unfortunately, my information is limited. I will have to open your question back up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further with this. I do hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks, Pete

Electric Vehicle Mechanic: anthony proulx,
 replied 2 years ago
anthony proulx
Hi my name is ***** ***** expert here. Is the hood release cable broken and that’s why you can’t open it ??
No, it is electrically controlled. Since there is no power to the headlights and turn signals, I believe the hood release is also being impacted. Thanks Anthony for your help.
 replied 2 years ago
Ok done are cables and some are actuators. Your fuse box is behind your glove box. Look for a panel with 4 screws in it. Behind that panel is your fusebox. It’s usually between the gauges and glovebox
There is no glove box. I looked under the dashboard. The wires from the switches and radio go into the front storage compartment. Is there some mechanical means to open the hood since I can't release it electrically.
 replied 2 years ago
This is a 1998?? Are you sure it’s not a 95?? You can try and look up underneath and see if you can find the wire to the actuator and try to apply 12 volts