Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have an intermittent problem. Sometimes when I push the…

Customer Question
I have an intermittent...

I have an intermittent problem. Sometimes when I push the accelerator pedal down, nothing happens. I release it and press it again and the cart works fine. I want to fix it before it strands me.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

I have a 2006 txt.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I,m fixing it myself and haven't done anything yet. I have the full service manual if needed.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
It is an ez-go txt golf cart
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

When the pedal is pressed, it has to close the solenoid and send a signal to the controller. Check the solenoid for voltage from the key switch. The small terminals on the solenoid are the ones to test. If it gets voltage and the solenoid, doesn't close, your solenoid is going out.

What other information do you need? Thank you for your help.