Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

KEY KEY SWITCH TURNED ON NO REVERSE OR FORWARD,DOESN'T

Customer Question
KEY KEY SWITCH TURNED...

KEY KEY SWITCH TURNED ON NO REVERSE OR FORWARD,DOESN'T RUN.BATTERYS SHOWING 48.9 VOLTS.NO REVERSE HORN.2011 CLUB CAR

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

CAN TURN STERRING WHEEL,AND KEY IS OK

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

CLUB CAR GOLF CART 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

ITS A 48 VOLT SIX BATTERYS SHOWING 48.9 VOLTS FOR ALL SIX BATTERYS

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

48 VOLTS SHOWING AT KEY AND 240 OHMS FOR SEILENOID

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
5/28/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

If you attach the charger does it come on? Do you have 48 volts to both sides of the solenoid?

CHARGER DOESN'T COME ON YES BOTH SIDES OF SOLENOID 48 VOLTS

With charger not coming on, you have a problem in the primary circuit. The wires from the charger port, thru the battery pack, back to the charge port. Look for a bad connection or broken wire.

I see the question is still open.??