Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Club Car - gas 2005 model. Actually it will be going along…

Customer Question
Hi there. Club...

Hi there. Club Car - gas 2005 model.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Actually it will be going along fine and then sputter and chug along. sit for 5 minutes and it goes again until it happens again.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

I thought the fix was taking the gas cap off---ran great for 30 minutes then started sputtering and chugging. Model is: XRT MODEL # Xj0609-605363

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and No. Had 2 different repair shops tune and tinker, it worked fine but again, after it starts heating up, it chugs. changed spark plug, oil, lines from fuel tank. Filter

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
5/27/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Does it have the pulse fuel pump or an electric fuel pump? Have the valves ever been adjusted?