Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a 89' 36v ezgo that will not go forward or reverse. I…

Customer Question
I have a 89'...

I have a 89' 36v ezgo that will not go forward or reverse. I replaced : all cables, new 400a solenoid, new 450 amp Curtis solid state controller, new high amp forward and reverse switch, new potentiometer switch, all new micro switches. the solenoid engages as it should in forward and reverse when the pedal is pressed and I have voltage everywhere I should (I think) but the cart will not move at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

There aren't any fuses. I have a wiring diagram I found on the internet that I used.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

1989 ezgo marathon 36v

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of, it worked fine before I replaced everything. Ive checked everything numerous times and can't find anything wrong

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
5/25/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

I see the question is still open.??

sir, I've been tied up. Most everything you mentioned I'm positive has 36v but I need to double check a few items and I'll let you know. Thanks for following up with me

OK>Thanks.

All items listed have 36v. S1 and s2 on the motor also have 36v. I'm using the Curtis controller, its a different wiring diagram than the one you attached.

S1 and S2 ? A1 and A2? two terminals are the field terminals and should have varied voltage from the controller for speed control.