Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

It wont go in forward or reverse. I put new batteries in it…

Customer Question
It wont go in...

It wont go in forward or reverse. I put new batteries in it yesterday. the lights and horn works. the reverse alarm works but wont move either forward or reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Road lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 model club car precedent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We installed the batteries ourself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have tried the forward and reverse we have the tow button on and off the acceration. we put the battery charger on

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
4/3/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Did the charger show to work when attached to the cart? Do you have battery voltage on the key switch? When did cart quit? Does the solenoid, attached to the main positive cable have battery pack voltage? Ths is 48-volt cart? 6, 8-volt batteries or 4, 12 volts?

I see the question is still open.?