Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Batteries won'tcharge with charger. No leaks will manually…

Batteries won'tcharge with charger ...

Batteries won'tcharge with charger

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

No leaks will manually charge but when I hook up club car charger it won't kick in and the batteries die

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Club car precedent 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet just manually charged batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I need to locate fuses to check if on blown

4/2/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Do you have a voltmeter to test the receptacle on the cart where charger attaches? You have to have battery pack voltage there. If not, the charger will not come on. If the voltage is ok, and you know charger works in manual mode, the OBC may be the problem. Have you done a reset of the OBC? See link below.

My batteries are charged but now the cart won’t do anything

Did you see my response and tried a reset of the OBC?

You said charger would not charge batteries?

I manually charged batteries
No I haven’t tried to reset obc yet I’m not sure how to put it back in golf mode

What voltage do you read at the charger port on the cart?

It’s showing full
Gauge on cart shows full

That does not mean the charger port has voltage or you have voltage to the solenoid or the key switch. Do you have test meter?

No I’ll get one

Just get a cheap digital voltmeter from auto supply or retail store, or Harbor Freight. $10 or less.

Ok I’m going now

OK> use the link in your email to get back here.

I have a reading of 17.3

Tha should read 48 volts! Follow the wires to the battery pack and check the voltage there. You have nowhere close to the needed voltage to start the charger or run cart!

Ok I’ll check tomorrow it’s getting dark now

What does each battery show?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other