Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Replaced solenoid. Had a 250 ohm resistor between large

Customer Question
Replaced solenoid. Had...

Replaced solenoid. Had a 250 ohm resistor between large connections reading zero ohms. Local shop owner said they remove those immediately. Tried again without resistor and pretty much same thing - cart lurches a little a few times and does nothing. Batteries fine and charged. Checked voltage with pedal depressed in run and all 6 batteries show voltage. Not sure now what to do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

E Z Go - maybe 2000? Has PSD.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced solenoid. Had a 250 ohm resistor between large connections reading zero ohms. Local shop owner said they remove those immediately. Tried again without resistor and pretty much same thing - cart lurches a little a few times and does nothing. Batteries fine and charged. Checked voltage with pedal depressed in run and all 6 batteries show voltage. Not sure now what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I guess not.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
3/28/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 29 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

36 volts to the solenoids two cable terminals? Will cart roll, showing the brakes are not locked? Do you have 36 volts at the Drive motors A1 and A2 terminal?

The problem can be drive motor, when did cart last run?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other