Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a 98 electric ezgo it will run great for the first…

I have a 98...

I have a 98 electric ezgo it will run great for the first few holes. When u stop on an incline and then take off it vibrates and it acts like it doesn't have any power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the solenoid. Runs for a while longer then it does the same thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had all the batteries checked toward the end of the season last year and one was bad the other five tested fine. So I replaced just the one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes and yes I have changed them before.

This is an electric golf cart.
3/19/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Do you have a test voltmeter? Test each battery after it is charged, then test again, when the cart falters. To see if any battery is dropping below 6 volts. Usually, performance problems on Ezgo carts is a voltage problem, caused by battery or cables.

I will give it a try! Thanks Curtis.

OK> Let me know.

I will let it charge over night and let u know what I find out.

OK> Thanks.

Charged all the batteries all good took it a drove it for a while and stopped on slope and it had that vibrate again. Tested the batteries after that and all were 6.3 volts or better. So should i change the cables now?

No, this does not seem to be a cable problem. Where does the vibration seem to be? At the rear, near drive motor or? I'm thinking that you could have a drive motor that needs brushes.

Seems to be in the rear end.

Have you raised the rear wheels off the ground and turned them, to see if brakes may be dragging or have loose parts in them? The rear end can also be the drive motor brushes.

Nope I will see what happens. Thanks Dan

OK> Let me know.

Seems to be pretty smooth turning doesn't seem to be anything hung up.

I would have the drive motor checked for brushes and bearing.

Will do. Thanks for helping out. I will let u know what I find out.

Sounds good.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other