Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

It will not go forward or backward and it sputters. Ezgo 95.

Customer Question
It will not go...

It will not go forward or backward and it sputters

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Ezgo 95

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Charging my battery and changing the solonoid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Mo No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
3/19/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

This is the gas engine? Twin cylinder? Do you have spark to the plugs when cranking? If you do, will it fire if you put a teaspoon of fuel directly into the spark plug holes, re-install the spark plugs and test? If it has spark, and will not start, the timing may be off. The twin-engine uses a timing belt and it can jump time or break. See link below.