Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I unplugged the dash wire harness to install a digital volt…

Customer Question
I unplugged the dash...

I unplugged the dash wire harness to install a digital volt meter, and now that it is plugged back in the cart will not move, toward or back

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Just after I unplugged the harness

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Volt?

2006 48volt club car precedent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I understand how to 8nstall the meter, but I'm puzzled as to why the cart won't move, I just moved it 24hrs ago, before unplugging the harness

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Did you unhook the negative battery cable at the battery pack before starting work? You may have a blown fuse. Check at the controller for fise. Do you have voltage to the key switch?

I did not unhook the battery cable. I checked the fuse @ the controller and it is fine. It will take a charge, just will not move. I can hear a click when pedal is pushed and nothing
I have no power to the wire harness in the dash

No 48 volts to the key switch? Do you have 48 volts to the solenoid? Looks like the typical Club Car gets the 48 volts for the key switch directly from the solenoid.

I see the question is still open, please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!