Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

It appears that it is not charging nor is it at all

Customer Question
It appears that it...

It appears that it is not charging nor is it at all responsive

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2012 club car i have the serial # if that would help

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am going to attempt to fix it myself currently i have not done anything. i have purchased the components for the charging system on the cart side. i read that if the charger could not read that there was a charge in the batteries the charger would not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Batteries are not leaking, no with volt meter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have tried to find the location of the components that i have purchased with no luck as of this point. been looking for a service manual with no luck without contacting a dealer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
3/14/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Charger will not start charge unless pack voltage is above 30 volts. What does battery pack voltage show to be?

I see the question is still open, please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!