Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Replaced batteries club car 2008 precedent will not start.

Customer Question
Replaced batteries club car...

Replaced batteries club car 2008 precedent will not start. did not change the switch to tow

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Not corroded

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2008 precedent club car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I put new batteries in the club car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did not flip the tow switch to tow

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
3/14/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery pack voltage? Will the charger come on when attached to cart? Do you have 48 volts to the solenoid and key switch? Keyswitch may not be getting voltage, which keeps the cart from running. Maybe a blown fuse? Look for the fuse on the controller.

I see the question is still open?