Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a EZGO RXV that is moving very slow I took the brake…

Customer Question
I have a EZGO...

I have a EZGO RXV that is moving very slow I took the brake off and it's still doing the same thing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

EZGO RXV 2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took the ELE brake off the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

It's a 48 volt

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
3/13/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 5 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Do you have a voltmeter to test each battery and the battery pack voltage? Hw old are the batteries? Fully charged, the battery pack should be close to 54 volts! Low speed and low power is typically low battery voltage.

Batteries are new reading 50 volts

50 volts is too low for new, fully charged batteries, the charger may not be staying on long enough to top the batteries up, as it should read close to 54 volts when fully charged. Does charger run close to 8 hours before shutting off?

It,s not the batteries! They are fully charged.

OK, you are sure. Even though the batteries are not showing t obe fully charged. I will opt out, and see if someone else can help. Sorry.