Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I bought a Bluetooth touch screen stereo for my honda 1991…

Customer Question
I bought a Bluetooth touch...
I bought a Bluetooth touch screen stereo for my honda 1991 EX HONDA SEDAN accord and it won't turn on I hooked it up.to a battery tester and it turned on so.i know it's not the stereo . I bought a stereo, amp,a and a subwoofer can I please get walk through on how to hook it up step.by step and how to bypass hookin up stereo turning on
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Idk what to categorize it I'm not sure if to put electric vehicle all.i.know is its a Honda 1991 accord EX
3/10/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Did you get the aftermarket harness for the vehicle side to the radio harness?

Do you have a test light or multimeter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do u mean can I send u pics of what I bought
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No.i dnt got a test light or multimeter

there is a harness you need to have to connect vehicle to radio and pics would be great

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got the harness bit not sure if it's the right one
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I ground it

it should be grounded though the harness you bought, do you have a picture of the diagram? and we will need a voltmeter to check power and ground on the harness so we can get this unit working

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The harness I bought was suppose to b diagram
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Idk where the diagram.is at

I cant help unless we have that diagram, do you have the part number for the harness? and we still need a multiemeter to test things with can you buy one of those?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got a multi meter

ok with harness plugged in check black wire to body ground for contunity

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Um ok but how do I do that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm a newbie learning things on my own bout my own car
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok will u tell me step by step how to check black wire to body ground for contunity
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot find my diagram to my harness I think it threw it

put meter on contunity setting plug in harness put lead on body ground and other lead back probing harness ground

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok can u like be more specific
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I check black wire to body ground
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I use multimeter to do what ur asking me to do

not trying to be disrespectful but if you dont know how to use your meter you should watch a few you tube videos on meter basics so you dont blow your new cd player or damage the vehicle, do a few control tests and get a feel for how the meter works

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do I test it and what is it that I'm lookin for while I test black wire
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician