Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

It wont move. Ezgo textron medalist Don't know what year. I…

It wont move Mechanic's...

It wont move

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Ezgo textron medalist Don't know what year

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your electric?

I dont know, serial number is ***** and(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I juste changed the solenoid it was moving before, but it was lagging. The speed was not continous and tested the Solenoid. It was bad so I replaced it but now noghing is hapenning, I also tried the old sonlenoid and nothing is moving

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Witht the battery disconnected, when I change the solenoid I sparked the smaller connection of the solenoid to the top one. again with the battery disconnected but it sparked

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

They are only 3 months old

1/30/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Which is the old solenoid? # 3 or # 4? They both look to be connected correctly, Do you get any voltage from the pedal to the solenoid when the pedal is pressed on the either of the small terminals? If you attach charger now, will it come on?

Picture 4 is the new solenoid, no voltage on smaller terminal when the gas pedal is pressed. I will try on the charger

OK< charger runs a voltage test of the primary circuit. If it does not come one, we have a problem in the primary circuit or no voltage to the key switch.

Here is basic troubleshooting site.

Charger is charging, 18 amp charge right now

With charge unplugged. do you have 36 volts to the key switch? Ezgo puts a switch in the charger connection that won't let cart drive if the charger is attached.

Ok, i will test voltage at key switch tonorrow morning.

OK<

Good morning, there is no power at the key switch!
When I am bypassing the small connection on the solenoid to the top one the cart is moving and solenoid is clicking! Wrong solenoid?

No, more like wired wrong. The small terminals should have no connection to the large terminals. ??

They don’t

What wires were you bypassing/jumping?

Small red to top right

You jumped the larger terminal to the small terminal, which activates the solenoid. This small red wire is what has to activate solenoid from the foot switch. I see a resistor between the two small red and black terminals. Take it out, and see if it makes any difference. The resistor is on the large terminal and looks to have come with the new solenoid. In the Ezgo schematic, there is no resistor between the small terminals. I did see it on the old one also.

It’s a diode, it was on the old solenoid also. Still want me to try without it?

Yes.

No diode same issue

Trace the red wire back to its source and see why there is no voltage to the solenoid from the foot switch.

One of the red wire is going on the plug as you can see on the top of the picture over the solenoid, the other red is going at the gas pedal
The red one at the gas pedal goes on the switch for the gas brake

gas brake?

There is only one connector on mine

One connector on what?

On the controller

What number is ***** controller?

This looks like the right one, there is also the diode in this schematic

OK, check the voltages from key to foot switch to solenoid.

There is no voltage to the key, also no voltage on the pedal switch and no voltage on solenoid

There should be a reed switch in the charger plug on the cart that has to close for the key to get voltage. That may be the problem.

Can I jump it?
I jumped it and it worked, can it stay this way?

Youcan leave it jumped, it is just to keep the cart from driving hen charger is plugged in!

I see the question is still open, use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other