Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

1991 EZ GO cart don't run. Nothing wrong with the motor and…

Customer Question
1991 EZ GO cart...

1991 EZ GO cart don't run. Nothing wrong with the motor and batteries. What can the issue be? Tx a lot

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes done that, No leaks as well

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

1991

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tested batteries and motor and wiring In good working order.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, tx

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
1/5/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Does the solenoid close/click, when the pedal is pressed? Do you have 36 volts on both sides of the solenoids cable connections? Does the charger come on when attached to the cart?

to all three questions

Does the solenoid make the connection to the controller and drive motor? If you jump across the solenoids large cable terminals, will cart run? Just because the solenoid clicks, does not mean the internal contacts close.

I will test tonight and let you know. Tx

OK> Thanks.

I see the question is still open.??