Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a ford think. I just bought it in October

Customer Question
I have a ford...

I have a ford think. I just bought it in October and,drove,it very little and know nothing about theses carts. 2 weeks ago I bought a cover for it and put it outside and,plugged it,in. Yesterday I went out turned the key to drive it and it won't do,anything. It has been in the 20s here some. Have I screwed something up?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes, I can turn the steering wheel. I will need to look closer at the key.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Th!nk?

2004 I think. It has new batteries.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Th!nk yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything. Just tried moving,it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was told to leave it plugged in all the time. Is this,true??

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
1/1/2018
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

the plugged in at all times is correct ,but being that cold ,if one of the batterie was weak, ectreme temp could have killed it

do you have a voltmeter to measure them

lets start here

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I am not sure. I am a new widow so I think my husband may have one. I will check and get back with you.

I m sorry to hear that ,

ok sounds, good let me know

let him check the batteries and see which one is low

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat