Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo LS with a 3.2 V-6. It cranks over…

I have a 1997 Isuzu...
I have a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo LS with a 3.2 V-6. It cranks over but will not start. Fuel pump not working. Taking fuel pump relay out and wire jumping will run the fuel pump. But car will still not start.
12/28/2017
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Have you checked the inputs to the fuel pump relay?

If so what is the relay missing preventing it from coming on?

Would a wiring diagram help?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

a wire diagram would help.
If the only way to talk is throw the computer then it is easier to type
If you look down at the fuel pump relay from the front of the car
The connect nearest the front is live
I jumped it to the rear connect and the pump worked.
if you call me will you be calling me thru computer or my phone?

I can call your phone and walk you through this diagnoses. It would be much easier that way.

ok but wait 5 minutes for me to get to car

Sounds good. I will send over the phone call offer now

Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
if everything is good with payment i will walk to car
Phone call session started
ok?

Just left a message at the number you provided.

Without a diagnostic tester. What is the next step.
Car has fuel, swings but won't start.

Check for spark