Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

We have a 2002 club car. Battteries only a couple of years…

We have a 2002...

We have a 2002 club car. Battteries only a couple of years old and very good quality. Regulaly top up the water. Last couple of months a light on, on the dash. Tonight power failed and had a call tow truck..Now plugged in but not charging/

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No - where are they ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Club Car electric 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No - only tried to plug in and wiggled a few wires !

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really - could it be the charger - or maybe a loose wire on the cart ?

12/22/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Do you have a voltmeter to test the voltage on the cart charger receptacle? I thas to be close to the pack voltage, or the internal relay will not close and start the charge cycle. Also on /Club Car , they use and OBC, which controls the charger and charge rate, It has a reset procedure. You may want to try the OBC reset. Link attached below.

Thanks - do not have a voltmeter. Tonight it is too late (8.40pm) and too dark - will try and do a reset on the OBC tomorrow morning.

OK> Thanks!

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem

Hi, it was nothing to do with the OBC. We had to call out a mechanic and the wire (taking the power to the cart from the betteries) was burnt out and was changed. Now working perfectly, thank you.

So it was the cable on the primary circuit! Thanks, ***** ***** the 5-star rating system to close the question!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
He was polite and courteous but the advice offered was of no help.

Thank you!