Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a 2011 honda MUV 700 and it started for a quick

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 honda MUV 700 and it started for a quick second yesterday and then quickly died and it has yet to start again. I have check the fuel pump and injector - both are working. I have fire to the spark plug, checked all fuses with a light tester and they all light up. compression is around 105. it has not thrown any codes yet, but I'm not sure what else to check.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Not sure where that other fuse panel is located, but I can download the book and find it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Honda?

It says Honda MUV 700 big red

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am i checked fire, fuel and fuses at the one panel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I recently welded the frame if that matters

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Will it fire if you remove the spark plug and put a teaspoon of fuel directly into the cylinder, re-install the plug and try it? If it does, the injector is not sending fuel.

That did not work either.

!! No fire with spark and fuel and compression! That makes me wonder if the timing is correct.? Do you know if the timing is from a timing belt or from gear timing?

It’s electrical somewhere. The throttle body has something on it that I think is not feeding fuel It was running perfect and then I welded the frame and it ran fine one day and the. The next. No more.

You said you had spark, you put fuel into the cylinder, it should have fired for a few seconds.??

it from the gear
I agree 100%
I have been working on ATVs and side-by-side’s for years and this is the first one that I have come across but I don’t understand, which is why I was reaching out to somebody else.

OK< I don't know enough about the engine and the electronics to help. Sorry. I will opt out and see if anyone else has Honda experience.

Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 8 months ago
Chase Capicotti

Hi there, did you disconnect the battery when you welded the frame?

I didn’t and that’s what I thought the problem was, but I checked everything out and that was not the problem.
While I had spark at the plug, it was not strong enough while under compression. As simple as it sounds, I had a high dollar plug in it and went back to an old school NGK and it fired up.
I have never seen that before. A plug has fire, but not strong enough to get it to start.
 replied 8 months ago
a weak spark will not fully ignite fuel mix. The other plug must have had higher resistance. So the machine is running now?
sir. I got it fired off.
 replied 8 months ago
Awesome! Good to hear.