Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

The problem is that the key turns on the normal noises are…

Customer Question
The problem is that...

The problem is that the key turns on the normal noises are made as it "prepares" to move but it does not move. Its like the accelerator is dead. I did check all the battery terminals and found one problem and fixed it but still does move. It sounds like it will but it won't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Thanks Arnie

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

No I did not check it. The battery was fine in the morning and then won't move ion the afternoon. I did recharge it. and this morning just did the terminal check. It seems to me to have the power but just not clicking into run mode.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your electric?

Oh gosh I don't know - I've had it for 6 years I'd say ten years old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself - I had a bad terminal about 3 years ago and fixed it and away we went. So I tried the same thing and found a faulty terminal again and replaced it and cleaned all the others. Just seems like a relay is not "relaying"

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a service center in the Vancouver BC area? I don't mind bringing it in and just get it completely looked at.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
12/2/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have specifically?

Specifically. What is your best guess the issue is?

does the engine start?

It’s electric. So no if i

what model is it?

Ezgo
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage on each battery? On a 36 volt cart, each battery would be slightly over 6 volts. If you find a battery closer to 4 volts, it has a bad cell and will affect the complete battery pack. Just like a weak link in a chain, it pulls the others down to it.

I see the question is still open, did you see my response?