Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Club car starts forward an then stops an makes buzzing

Customer Question
Club car starts forward...

Club car starts forward an then stops an makes buzzing sound,also when back up it stops, battery,s are charged

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Head lights are real bright, all battery,s were charged for 3hr on 2 amp trickle charge

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Club cart about 1995 to 97

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yas, charge all batterys goes forward about 30 feet then stops when u depress peddle you can here a buzz sound

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
11/28/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Do you have a voltmeter to test battery pack voltage and each battery? 36-volt cart? A 36-volt battery pack will be over 39 volts when fully charged. Where is the buzzing coming from?

if you listened to my post I stated batterys wrer fully charged an the buzzing came when i pushed the pedal down

If you don't have a voltmeter, and can't test the batteries, you are assuming the battery pack is fully charged A 2 amp charger will not fully charge a golf cart pack. Buzzing is typical from a low battery charge and can be the solenoid not fully closing

Have you checked the shift fork for the front wheel engagement? The sliding coupler is all that engages and disengages the front drive shaft.