Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a ezgo electric golf cart. running normal then

Customer Question
I have a ezgo...

I have a ezgo electric golf cart. running normal then stopped. batteries are charged, checked each one. I can hear a click and it seems the it is trying to move but doesn't ?thoughts

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No battery issues

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Ezgo TXTPDS date code E2310

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your electric?

I think mid 1980

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will fix if it something simple, ie solenoid, otherwise will take it in

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

By date code, year model is 2010.?? Do you have battery pack voltage to the solenoid? Is the solenoid clicking when the pedal is pressed? Charger does come on if attached to cart? Usually, cart problems are battery or cable connections. Have you checked all the cables to be sure they are tight? Pull on them, to be sure they are solid, and not internaly corroded.