Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My Tesla 2016, Model S70D air conditioning stopped working.

Customer Question

My Tesla 2016, Model S70D air conditioning stopped working
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 17,000 miles, started a week ago
JA: What is the model of your '16 Tesla?
Customer: S70D
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that has to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer that can plug into your model and can read all computers in your model.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.This may be a fault with the ac compressor or a possible pressure switch issue or even low freon due to a leak in the ac system.Having the codes checked will help to pinpoint the fault for repair and has to be done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete