Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

My Tesla 2016, Model S70D air conditioning stopped working.

Customer Question
My Tesla 2016, Model...

My Tesla 2016, Model S70D air conditioning stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

17,000 miles, started a week ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Tesla?

S70D

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 2 days by:
11/28/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that has to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer that can plug into your model and can read all computers in your model.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.This may be a fault with the ac compressor or a possible pressure switch issue or even low freon due to a leak in the ac system.Having the codes checked will help to pinpoint the fault for repair and has to be done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete