Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have an ebike. It's a Xootr Swift (I love this bike, but…

Customer Question
I have an ebike. It's...
I have an ebike. It's a Xootr Swift (I love this bike, but they don't make them any more.) I want to extend the battery range by connecting to a lithium-ion "generator" such as the one shown at the link below. I could do this by connecting the 120 V bike charger to the generator. But as a simpler method (and one that I think will yield much longer battery life) could I just use an adapter cable to connect to the 12 V output from the generator? The output from the bike's charger is a 5-prong plug plug; the generator connections are shown here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3S00H0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1Will this work? What connector cable would I use? (Is there one on Amazon, for example?) Thanks!
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
I answered my own question - the output of the charger is 42.5 volts so the 12 V output of the generator won't work.
Answered in 2 days by:
11/28/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Did you still need help with this here at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.