Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Do you help with golf cart questions? 2001 48volt club car.

Customer Question
Hello, do you help...

Hello, do you help with golf cart questions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2001 48volt club car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

So when you press the pedal it sounds like if a belt was slipping and shuttering. If yu back off some on the pedal it starts to catch and go very slow

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?

OK, there is no belt on it, I was giving you an idea what it sounds and feels like

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cost?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
I need a golf cart mechanic
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Check the spline between the drive motor and the transmission. It may be stripped and is causing the problem. Next would be to check the drive axle splines at each wheel.

I see the question is still open?