Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

The throttle only works about 3/4 way then the cart just…

Customer Question
The throttle only works...

The throttle only works about 3/4 way then the cart just stops getting power.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your electric?

1994 Marathon I think. 36 volt ez go

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Volt?

36

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. The trouble only exists in forward. Checked the rheostat, it appears to be working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
11/20/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

How is the battery voltage when driving cart , using a test meter with long leads, so you can measure the voltage at the battery pack.??? How is voltage on each battery?

Will check tomorrow after work and pass on outcome.

OK> Sounds good.

Voltage on batteries is 38.2 then drops slightly while accelerating until the pedal gets to the dead area and then the voltage gets back to full in forward. I reverse the pedal provides full function.

Where is the forward / reverse switch? At your knee, or on the dash. Swap the f/r cables if it is at your knee, and see if forward now works. The only difference in the pedal and direction , is the f/r switch. Nothing else changes.

I will try that tomorrow evening, i have early week this week (3:00 am wake up), heading to bed in a few minutes. Thanks!!!

OK! Thanks.