Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a 1990 ez-go gas I am having problems with running, I…

Customer Question
I have a 1990...

I have a 1990 ez-go gas I am having problems with running, I have tried everything I ca n think of but no dice, Can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

The dive belt turns. motor runs slow, The motor isn't running fast enough for the clutch to engage

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '90 electric?

It is an i990 EZGO textron gas not electric

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am not a golfcart mechanic, but have been repairing it for years. I have replaced the solonoid, the ignition switch, plug, Did as much rewiring as I could do, Replaced carborator and tightened drive belt so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No go ahead

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
11/18/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Engine is not starting. Just battery turning engine . Is this twin cylinder engine? Do you have spark to the spark plugs? Remove spark plugs and with one grounded to the metal of engine, see if you have spark when cranking. If you do, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the cylinder or cylinders, and re-install spark plugs. See if it will fire for a few seconds, If it does not, the engine may be out of time, if this is the twin engine. It has a timing belt that may have slipped or broken

Did you see my response?

I've got spark, the engine runs very slow. DRIVE belt turns but clutch not moving in and out to engage belt.. engine stops in neutral but runs in forward and reverse, beeps in reverse, but cart will not move

Are you sure engine does start? What engine is this? 295 ?

timing belt

I see question is still open?