Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

My cart is a Chinese made 2012 “Hammerhead Charger 48 volt”

Customer Question
My cart is a...

My cart is a Chinese made 2012 “Hammerhead Charger 48 volt” cart
It has brand new batteries but will not run. One possibility for problem is the potbox pedal was not giving any ohms to the controller. The solenoid is clicking and passing current but the gas pedal potbox is not giving any signal to the controller. Finding parts seems to be a problem. Can you fix or find parts?
I live in Santa Clarita (###) ###-####Tim

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Solenoid clicks but no power with new battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 electric?

Hammerhead charger 48 volt its a Chinese and company that seems to out of business so parts are a problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sent to local ez go shop that gave up. New batteries.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
11/18/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Any numbers on the foot pedal switch? May be able to convert to a Ezgo or Club car foot control. Lots of potentimeters available. Can you attach picture of the control?

Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 7 months ago

I see question is still open?