Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a RXV witch has a knock in the dif is this a problem.

Customer Question
I have a RXV...

I have a RXV witch has a knock in the dif is this a problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your electric?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
I am talking about ezgo golf cart not a toyota
11/17/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Knock in the differential! Need to drain the oil and check for metal in the oil or broken parts! With differential having ring gear and pinion, and a set of inner gears, any tooth broken or chipped would cause knock. And if there is metal in the oil, it can cause bigger problems. You have jacked up cart and checked to be sure noise is not in wheel area?

Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 7 months ago

I see question is still open?

It was a broken shock absorber

Negative rating? I can only go by what you have told me!