Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I can't get it to go. Just got a for switch and it does not…

Customer Question
I can't get it...

I can't get it to go. Just got a for switch and it does not have a double micro switch does it have to have one? Bought used and no ignition hooked up. Not sure I have the wiring correct.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

I have a diagram now. What fuses. It's a 1991-93 medalist

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '91 electric?

Ezgo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Boys drove it down here it was running. We bought new batteries. Has nit moved since.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm fixing it. I replaced the solenoid and now for switch. ihink they jumped it and shorted something.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
11/17/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Will the charger come on and show to charge when attached? If not, check the cables and connections. Do you have 36 volts to the key switch? I assume this is a resistor cart.?? Year model is the letter number combination at the passenger glove box area. The last two numbers is the year. See resistor diagram below in the link. The micro switchs can keep the solenoid from closing to run.

So this is not a resistor cart, but the electronic control. Main power , which would be key switch, has to power the micro switches, which completes the circuit and closes the solenoid. Does solenoid have 36 volts to both cable sides? Does solenoid close? Do you backup beeper when you go to reverse, if it still has one? Here is troubleshooting guide.

Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 7 months ago

I see question is still open?