Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Battery compartment wet and "shorted out". No power.

Customer Question
Battery compartment wet and...

Battery compartment wet and "shorted out". No power. Completely dead. Could I be saved by a fuse blowing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Completely dead. The charger will not even recognize being plugged in to the cart.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your electric?

2012 RXV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have found and checked a 10 & 15 amp fuses and they are good. I cannot find the 10 amp cylinder fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also, the electric brake is stuck on even after reversing the 1/2 and the 3/4

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
11/15/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Were any components wet or saturated with water at all in the area that was flooded or wet?

Let me know,thanks Pete