Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Have a 1997 48V club car. Good batteries. Lights work.

Customer Question
Have a 1997 48V...

Have a 1997 48V club car. Good batteries. Lights work. Buzzes in reverse. Doesn't move. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Front lights.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '97 electric?

Club car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to fix myself but not sure where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
11/14/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

First , will the charger come on when attached to the cart? Second, do you have a voltmeter to check voltage at battery pack and each battery? Do you have 48 volts at the solenoid?

The charger comes on but minimally, that is batteries are almost at capacity. Also, there is 48V at the solinoid.

Does solenoid click when the pedal is pressed?

Have you done any troubleshooting? See link below.