Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Batteries are charged up to 50 volts on a 48 volt system and…

Batteries are charged up...

Batteries are charged up to 50 volts on a 48 volt system and when we start to go to high speed it starts and gets to full speed at about 15 second and slows to slow sped. the # of the cart is zone electric cart 5f8se24l3az009265. can you advise what to check and do next

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

I do not have a wiring diagram and I have not check fuses and do not know where they are located

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Zone electric car,llc with a # 5F8SE24L3AZ009265

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

WE HAVE CHANGED ALL BATTERIES AND BOUGHT A NEW CHARGING UNIT AND PUT AND THEN WE RUN INTO THIS PROBLEM OF NOT RUNNING AT FULL SPEED. I HAVE NOT CHECKED ANYTHING YET ON DRIVE UNIT AND LOOKING FOR DIRECTIONS

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

JUST WHAT TO CHECK AND IF I CAN GET A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THIS CART

11/13/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Batteries are not getting full charge. With 48 volt system, the battery pack will be around 54 volts when fully charged. With 48 to 50 volts, unloaded, the voltage likley is dropping well below 48 volts when driving. Run test voltmeter with long leads on the battery pack and see what voltage is dropping to when cart cuts back.

THE BATERIES WENT ALL THE WAY UP TO 58 VOLTS WHEN CHARGING AND THE COMPLETE CHARGE LIGHT WAS ON. WE HAVE THE CART ONN A LIFT AND MONITOR THE VOLTAGE WHEN RUNNING AND IT WAS ABOVE THE 48 VOLT. THE UNIT RUNS AT FULL SPEED FOR A SHORT TIME THEN FALLS BACK TO SLOW WITH THE PEDAL IN FAST MODE. YOU TALKED ABOUT CHECKING FUSES AND COULD YOU SEND A DIAGRAM OR TELL WHRE TO CHECK THEM

Here is manual, with wiring diagram in the last pages, and it has a thermal cutout, which can be slowing the car.

THIS IS THE CORRECT DRAWING FOR THE TAG INFO I SENT YOU AND THE CONTROLLER ALSO.I WILL CHECK THE CONTROLLER # THIS AFTERNOON T5O MAE SURE THIS IS THE RIGHT FOR MY CART Zone electric car,llc with a TAG # 5F8SE24L3AZ009265. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHR THING THAT I NEED TO LOOK FOR THIS AFTERNOON AND I WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH AGAIN TOMORROW IF I CAN'T FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG, WHERE CAN I SEND MY CONTROLLER IF IT NEEDS REPAIRING AND IF I NEED PARTS WHERE CAN I BUY THEM

Is it a Curtis Model 1268? There are places the Curtis controller can be sent in for repair. light systems would be my choice. See link and trouble shooting chart below.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other