Electric Vehicles

Electric Car Questions? Ask a Electric Car Mechanic Online.

Electric Vehicles

It has a whining noise and vibration and will not start

Customer Question
consistently. It is less than...
It has a whining noise and vibration and will not start consistently. It is less than 1 year old.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yep checked the connections, and also the voltage...battery has 12.75 volts
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2016 EZGO Freedom TXT Gas model.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The issue just began yesterday, so I checked the battery first and then looked at the start belt to make sure it was tight. It starts sporadically and then will slip and make a noise with vibration when under a load, riding it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The cart is brand new, always garaged, and well taken care of. Just want to know if there is something simple that I am missing before calling the dealer to repair.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
11/12/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Did you check the battery voltage when trying to crank? Battery voltage below 8 volts, would indicate a bad battery.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other