Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have problems 5 or 6 times a week with cart not running.

Customer Question
I have problems 5...

I have problems 5 or 6 times a week with cart not running. freedon rxv 2012 electric drake model

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Model rxv # 606602g01 ser.(###) ###-#### 4 12 v. batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery not the problem. problem is electric brake not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have followed instructions on controller to release brake. have shifted on off switch dsome times for 3 or 4 minutes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. I get it working so far by trying different things

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
9/24/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

RXV has to have 48 volts to the brake to release it. Are you getting 48 volts to the brake?

I see question is still open, did you see my response?