Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Should I disconnect my golf cart batteries for the winter? i…

Customer Question
Should I disconnect my...

Should I disconnect my golf cart batteries for the winter?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I never tested but they are newer batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your electric?

Its a 1998 club car not 100% what the voltage is there are 6 batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its in perfect working order i live in chicago and it will be stored outside w a cover

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it possible to make my 36 volt club car into a 48 volt and is there any benefit

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
9/19/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 11 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is***** it is a good idea to disconnect the batteries for the winter, if there is a small draw on the system, it can drain them, and then they could freeze, we always disconnect the batteries in ours for the winter,Tim