Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a refurbished 2013 RXV with good batteries and no…

Customer Question
I have a refurbished...

I have a refurbished 2013 RXV with good batteries and no problems. Just tried to back out of garage and it will not go forward or backwards when pressing accelerator pedal. Back up buzzer comes on but no movement. What can you suggest I try? It ran perfectly when I drove last time about 3 days ago. Did not run over anything and all was operating normally when put away. Thank you for your consideration

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes, power is not the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 electric?

RXV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried anything but thoughtperhaps the relay or reostat might have failed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cannot think of anything else. Thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/12/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Do you have voltmeter to test voltage at the brake on the drive motor? RXV has to have a full 48 volts to the brake to release it. Sounds like brake is not releasing.