Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Batteries are fully charged, sometimes it wont go forward or…

Customer Question
Batteries are fully charged...

Batteries are fully charged, sometimes it wont go forward or reverse until you step on the brake

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes, ive checked batteries, they are almost new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your electric?

2008 ezgo rxv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I live in wv and theres not any mechanics that I know of, I put a new solenoid before I put the batteries in last year

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/11/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

RXV has to have a full 48 volts to the brake to release it. Check voltage at the brake when the drive pedal is pushed. If it gets at least 48 volts, the brake is hanging and needs repiar or replacement.