Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Batteries are fully charged, sometimes it wont go forward or

Customer Question

batteries are fully charged, sometimes it wont go forward or reverse until you step on the brake
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: yes, ive checked batteries, they are almost new
JA: What is the model/year of your electric?
Customer: 2008 ezgo rxv
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I live in wv and theres not any mechanics that I know of, I put a new solenoid before I put the batteries in last year
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

RXV has to have a full 48 volts to the brake to release it. Check voltage at the brake when the drive pedal is pushed. If it gets at least 48 volts, the brake is hanging and needs repiar or replacement.