Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

2004 ez go that runs fine for awhile, but after it has run

Customer Question

2004 ez go that runs fine for awhile, but after it has run awhile or the pedal has been depressed a lot it fails to run forward, most of the time you can run in reverse for a minute or two and then it will run in foreward again. Any ideas?
JA: What is the model of your '04 electric?
Customer: I will have to go look, be right back
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Thought about changing out the solenoid under the seat in the battery compartment but have done nothing yet
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Yes the batteries are only a year or so old, this is the second set of batteries since we bought it in 2008
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: do you need the model number?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Where is the forward /reverse switch? On the dash or behind the knee? If on dash, the controller makes the directional change. If it is the big switch behind the knee, the f/r switch makes directional change.