Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Batteries are good but when you push the peddle it chatters…

Customer Question
Batteries are good but...

Batteries are good but when you push the peddle it chatters and will not move could it be brushes or the control box?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

The batterys have 38.6 volts they are less then 1 year old no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your electric?

Ezgo medelist 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just lifted the rear tires to see if it would run, no luck ,redid all the wires every thing good

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 1 day by:
9/10/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Does the charger come on when attached to cart? What does battery pack voltage read when you press the pedal? Is the chatter at the solenoid?